Written By: Adam Dince
We all know the quiet voice in our heads as we reuse images from other Websites in our content. There’s always the fear of mistakenly using an asset that’s not been labeled for resuse. The other day I stumbled upon a new “Usage Rights” feature, in Google Images, which helped me find all the free-to-use images I needed for my blog post. Best of all, they were legal. How about dem apples?
Here’s how to use it:
1. Go to Google Images http://www.google.com/imghp
2. Submit a query
3. Your results should look similar to this:
4. On the top nav bar, click on “Search Tools”
5. A secondary nav bar should appear under search tools with a “Usage Rights” drop down
6. Within the Usage Rights drop down, there are five options to pick from. One of these should help you filter in the free legal images to use on your blog and Web pages
7. Still, if you’re going use an image from another source, be kind and reference it in your content
Also, please make sure to read Google’s page on reusing images.
Disclaimer: This content is not to be a supplement for legal advice about image usage rights.