Written By: Adam Dince
I’m currently in the process of looking for a reasonably priced local SEO rankings tool. And one of the most frustrating parts of the process has been finding a set of tools to compare against each other. After a few go-around’s of asking my colleagues and social networks for recommendations, I found myself empty-handed. I then turned to SEMRush, and in seconds, found a bunch of options to research.
Here’s how I did it and how you can do the same for your vendor selection options for any type of product /service:
1. Once signed in to SEMRush, I queried brightlocal.com, one of the local SEO rankings tools I’ve been considering.
As a side-note, you can use keywords instead of / or in addition to a domain for your research.
2. Under “Organic Reach”, I clicked on “Competitors”
3. Under “Competitors in Organic Search”, I clicked on “Full-Report”
4. Took the list of domains provided and pulled out a few solid options to consider
6. Then, under “Advertising Research”, I clicked on “Competitors”
7. Finally, took the list of domains provided and found a few addtional options to consider
It’s that simple folks. Now it’s time to make some calls, go through a few demos and hopefully pick a winner. Thank you for reading!