Written By: Adam Dince
Those of you who know me well are aware of my love affair with Twitter. By far, it is my favorite social network and the value I derive from it is far greater than any other network. Over the course of the years, I’ve followed many people and have become a better person for it.
Below, you’ll find ten of my recommendations around who you should follow on Twitter. These accounts are not listed in any particular order of importance. Additionally, I only recommend Twitter accounts that are active and chock-full of great content.
1. Kayla Hollatz: Kayla runs PR @thinksem and is one of the most inspirational, friendly and creative people I know on Twitter. She’s a fantastic writer, poet and social media personality. I promise you that following Kayla will make your Twitter experience much more enjoyable.
— Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz) January 8, 2015
2. Aaron Kilby: Aaron is the Director of Marketing & Business Development at @artisancolour and is one of the smartest social media minds out there. There’s a lot of social fluff out there on the interwebs but Aaron is the real deal. He’s also incredibly humble. Follow Aaron and get to know him.
3. Charity Stebbins: Charity is the rock star content strategist at @Conductor. On top of being engaging and friendly, Charity writes best-in-class content and shares some of the best articles on the Web. Charity’s “Follow” button is one call-to-action you should answer.
— Charity Stebbins (@CharityStebbins) January 7, 2015
4. Kathleen Garvin: Kathleen is the “Lady of the Blog” @semrush. Kathleen is well versed in SEO, content strategy and social. If you follow Kathleen, you’ll learn a lot about inbound marketing and Web presence management!
5. Douglas Karr: Douglas is a brilliant marketer and marketing technologist. If you want to stay up-to-date on marketing tactics, tools and strategies that “work”, follow Douglas!
Technology Trends that Marketers Should Watch in 2015 http://t.co/HWVDkPzreO
— Douglas Karr (@douglaskarr) January 7, 2015
6. Larry Kim: Larry is the founder of @WordStream and the smartest person I follow on Twitter. I’ve learned more from Larry’s posts and articles than anyone else I follow. Follow him today!
7. Hbloggers: If you’re like me, your Twitter feed is a firehose of: “How To’s”, “Top Ten’s” and other “must-read” content. Hbloggers offers a much needed visual break from the monotony of formulated Tweets.
— Hbloggers (@Hbloggers) January 9, 2015
8. Mark Traphagen: I had the opportunity of meeting Mark at a MozCon happy hour. Mark is the Sr. Director of Online Marketing at @stonetemple and all-round marketing wizard. When I’m looking for the “real” scoop on search and social, there’s no one I trust more than Mark. Follow him!
9. Google Webmasters: If you aren’t following Google’s Webmaster account, you’re missing out on SEO recommendations coming directly from the source–mother Google. I highly recommend you follow this account!
— Google Webmasters (@googlewmc) January 7, 2015
10. Aaron Bradley: Aaron is the Search Engine and Digital Presence Optimization Analyst for @EA. Aaron is at the forefront of semantic search and is a must follow to keep up on the latest content, trends and research.
This is my first release of must-follow Twitter accounts. Keep tuned in as I’ll be doing this more often.