Written By: Adam Dince
It’s common knowledge that when people are on Facebook, they prefer not clicking on third-party links that take them off network. If you’re running a lead generation campaign on Facebook, it probably looks a little something like this: Users click an ad call-to-action, arrive on a landing page and then potentially submit a lead form. That’s asking a lot of a person who signed on to Facebook to look at pictures of their friends’ babies and pets.
Today, I’d like to tell you about Facebook Lead Ad Forms–an ad format that allows advertisers the ability to collect leads RIGHT ON FACEBOOK.
What is a Facebook Lead Ad Form?
- For the advertiser: Facebook Lead Ads is an ad format that collects contact information from highly targeted audiences who are interested in what advertisers are offering.
- For the consumer: Facebook Lead Ads provides a way for consumers to sign-up for a brand’s newsletters and other promotional material without leaving the comfort of Facebook.
How Lead Ads Form Work?
Similar to other Facebook ad formats, you the advertiser, can specify highly targeted audiences you’d like your ads to reach. People who are interested and click on your advertisement are taken to a pre-populated Facebook lead form based on the information they’ve already shared with Facebook (e.g., email address and name). On the lead form, people are able to modify their information. Once the lead form is submitted, the user is redirected back to Facebook.
Advertisers can collect submitted lead information in a few different ways:
- If you’re using a CRM that Facebook’s has partnered with, syncing lead form submissions is a breeze.
- If you’re using a CRM that hasn’t partnered with Facebook, you can set-up a custom integration between your CRM and Facebook’s API.
- If you’re not using a CRM or you don’t want to deal with custom integrations, Facebook allows you to download a CSV file.
Lead Ad Forms Are Mobile Only
As of right now, Facebook Lead Ad Forms only appear on mobile devices. I hope in the future, Facebook makes this ad format available on desktop. The good news is, if your Website isn’t mobile friendly yet, Facebook Lead Ad Forms might help you achieve better conversion rates from mobile users.
Who Should Use Facebook Lead Ad Forms?
Are email addresses important to your business? If the answer is yes, then you should be using the Facebook Lead Ad Forms format.
Need Help Getting Started with Facebook Lead Ads?
I’m happy to help! Feel free to reach out and place “Facebook Lead Ads” in the subject line.